Keeping the Traveling Public Safe
In a special report, U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) examines key trends and strategies affecting the future of transportation security, including through advancing global transportation security standards.
The report was developed as TSA looks towards its 25th anniversary in 2026. Key trends highlighted are:
- Continuous threat, with adversaries targeting transportation networks
- Emerging technologies, enabling an agile security model and effective operations
- Cyber-physical interdependency, with the risk of disruption to critical transportation infrastructure
- Passengers demanding customized, seamless travel experiences, with convenient services
- Changing workforce, with a competitive labor market challenging the ability to recruit and retain skilled talent; and
- Transportation system and economy, with passenger and cargo volumes on the increase and in more global regions
TSA is developing an array of strategic responses to these trends, including focusing on improving security and safeguarding the transportation system:
“As a leader in the transportation security network, TSA will work to raise the global baseline of aviation security. We will lead by example by strengthening operations through powerful and adaptable detection capabilities, intelligence-driven operations, and enhanced vetting. Strong partnerships across governments and industry will be integral to success in this shared transportation security mission.”
-TSA Strategy 2018-2026
The agency also plans to accelerate action by defining clear pathways to enable partnership and collaboration, and use available tools to cultivate a skilled workforce. Read more here: www.tsa.gov/sites/default/files/tsa_strategy.pdf
With a proven track record in implementing screening solutions, an experienced team, and access to cutting-edge technologies and workforce training tools, S2 Global is well aligned to support and collaborate on TSA’s strategies and objectives.
Contact us for more information.